I just got done watching a video on Roger Ebert and his loss of voice. He has had Cancer which robbed him of a jaw bone . After several bouts with reconstructive surgeries failing and other complications he ended up with a loss of voice . He is quite interesting, jovial and his sense of humor suprised me. He, through other people, said some very profound things.
All of his got me to thinking...how lucky am I. I have dealt with some sad, disturbing and sketchy things in my life and sometimes even allowed myself to drown in a pitty party. Luckily, I had family and friends who were patient and caring. They allowed me to find my own way. It has been tough for sure. But so enlightening. I have not had to deal with any physical tragedies. All my tough spots were my own doing and I have since learned that it doesn't matter what you do you can always make a choice to change your choices, if that makes sense.
I have a voice. I intend to use it while I can. To help lift other people, to express an opinion, to say things of value, to yell for my kids at a ball game, to tell my family they mean everything to me. I will not use it to benefit my own temper or to devalue another human being. I keep thinking...if today were the last day I had a voice...what would I say? What would I sing? Will anyone listen?
No comments:
Post a Comment